Used Olympus OM-D E-M1X Mirrorless Camera Body
Original RRP £1,799 | You Save £948.03
The 20.4 megapixel Olympus E-M1X features newly enhanced 5-axis image stabilisation with 7.5 EV steps of compensation and new stand out capabilities, including 50 megapixel Hi-Res Shot handheld with built-in ND filters. The E-M1X's ergonomic body design has a new built-in grip which houses two batteries for extended use. Plus, there is a deep finger rest for both horizontal and vertical positions to give more comfort when you're shooting. New twin processors take high-speed performance to another level for both image processing and a re-developed intelligent autofocus system. The magnesium alloy body is fully IPX1 weather resistance tested.
High speed performance and excellent image quality
Speed and image quality of the new E-M1X are fueled by a 20.4 MP Live MOS sensor with a new coating in order to deliver improved sensitivity as well as two TruPicVIII high-speed image processors improving fundamental performance factors such as start-up time and recovery time from sleep mode. The dual processor design not only contributes to a faster camera, but also allows the support of two high-speed UHS-II SD card slots and enables the latest shooting functions such as Handheld High Res Shot, Live ND, and Intelligent Subject Detection AF.
Advanced Image Stabilisation
Olympus have introduced a redeveloped gyro sensor - the camera allows for the world’s best compensation performance. In combination with a M.Zuiko IS PRO lens, this technology enables the 5-axis sync IS to compensate for approx. 7.5 shutter speed steps1, eliminating the need for a tripod and enabling free-hand shooting in various conditions.
With locked AF, the E-M1X features high-speed sequential shooting at a maximum of 60 fps to capture split-second moments that the human eye cannot see. With AF/AE tracking, a maximum of 18 fps may be reached. The camera’s Pro Capture Mode records up to 35 frames retroactively from when the shutter button is released during shooting.
High-Res Shot functionality
In addition to high-resolution maximum 80 MP images that can be captured in Tripod High Res Shot, a Handheld High Res Shot functionality is now available on the OM-D E-M1X: designed for photographers who don’t want to be limited by using a tripod, this function generates a single high-resolution shot equal to that captured with a 50 MP sensor – without any signs of blur caused by handshake.
Live ND functionality
A new Live ND functionality incorporates slow shutter speed effects as though using an ND filter. The scene can be reviewed in the viewfinder and the effect edited before users take the photo. Effects can be set in five levels: ND2 (equivalent to one shutter speed step), ND4 (2 steps), ND8 (3 steps), ND16 (4 steps), and ND32 (5 steps).
In addition to professional-quality photos, the new E-M1X is a master at movie-making. It features all the extras videographers need to capture moments as they happen. With the ultra-high Cinema 4K (C4K, 4096 x 2160) movie format, videographers not only have the highest recording resolution to date, but also more flexibility when it comes to post production. 120 fps high-speed movies are also now supported in Full HD resulting in the capability to shoot cinematic movies with slow-motion perception.
The powerful 5-axis IS and electronic stabilization enable refined handheld 4K and C4K video recording with three selectable levels of movement compensation depending on the photographer’s posture and movement.
To counteract changing lighting conditions typical during documentary and nature shooting, the E-M1X supports log shooting. OM-Log400 delivers movies without loss of details in shadows or highlight blowouts, and greater freedom over video creativity through colour grading.
Anti-flicker shooting feature
With an anti-flicker shooting feature, the camera detects the flicker frequency of artificial light sources and activates the shutter at peak brightness to minimize uneven exposures and coloring between sequential frames. Flicker scan suppresses striped patterns that can occur when using Silent Mode (electronic shutter) and when shooting movies, so that users can fine tune the shutter speed.
A new Wi-Fi capture allows tethered shooting without a cable and makes it possible to transfer images wirelessly to a computer with the “Olympus Capture” camera control software.
The OM-D E-M1X contains a built-in GPS sensor, temperature sensor, manometer and compass, collectively known as ‘field sensors’. In addition to location information such as longitude and latitude, these sensors detect and record the temperature, elevation, and direction of the camera for adding detailed shooting information to images.
Main features at a glance:
- Intuitive design with integrated vertical grip for superb ergonomic controls in horizontal and vertical mode.
- 20.4 MP Live MOS sensor with improved supersonic wave filter for dust reduction.
- World’s best Image stabilisation: In combination with a M.Zuiko IS PRO lens, this technology enables the 5-axis sync IS to compensate for approx. 7.5 shutter speed steps.
- 50 MP Handheld High Res shot functionality. Building on the HiRes innovation on the E-M1 MK II where a tripod was required, the E-M1X can now take a 50mp HiRes shot hand held. Using a tripod it can now produce 80mp images.
- Totally Re-developed AF system with various AF target modes and settings and intelligent subject tracking.
- Live ND feature for slow shutter effects without external filter.
- Dust, splash, & freezeproof. Weatherproofing maintained even when connecting microphone, earphone or remote control cable.
- Integrated field sensors to add detailed metadata to pictures and video.
- Two UHS-II SD card slots for high speed responsiveness.
- Two batteries in innovative cartridge system and USB charging capabilities.
- Key OM-D Movie video capabilities: 4K and C4K, OM-Log400, Different levels of IS, 120 fps high-speed shooting in Full HD.
- Anti-flicker shooting capabilities.
- Integrated field sensors to add detailed metadata to pictures and video.
- The sensor dust reduction system now features an improved Super Sonic Wave Filter (SSWF) with special coating which vibrates 30,000 times per second further reducing the possibility of dust or dirt ruining photos and equipment by factor 10.
- Capture up to 2,580 images before having to recharge. Featuring USB Power Delivery (USB-PD) from up to 100 W power sources, both batteries in the camera body can be fully charged in approximately two hours.
- With locked AF, the E-M1X features high-speed sequential shooting at a maximum of 60 fps to capture split-second moments that the human eye cannot see. With AF/AE tracking, a maximum of 18 fps may be reached.
- A new Wi-Fi capture allows tethered shooting without a cable and makes it possible to transfer images wirelessly to a computer with the “Olympus Capture” camera control software.
|ISO Speed Range||100-25600|
|Megapixel Banding||20 - 30|
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Preset, White Balance Bracketing, Custom|
|Metering Modes||Evaluative, Centre Weighted, Spot|
|Focusing Modes||One-shot AF, Continuous AF, Manual|
|Lens Fitting||Micro Four Thirds|
|Exposure Modes||Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Picture Modes, Manual|
|Max Image Resolution||5184 x 3888|
|4K Video Recording||Yes|
|MegaPixel (Effective Resolution)||20.4 megapixels|
|Compatible storage media (card not supplied)||SDXC, SD Card, SDHC Card|
|Body Dimensions (WxHxD) mm||144.4 x 146.8 x 75.4mm|
|Continuous Shooting Speed (fps)||up to 60 fps|