Nikon Z 50 Mirrorless Camera Body
Sorry, we have no items in stock.
The Nikon Z 50 is Nikon'e first Z series DX-format mirrorless camera. The compact & stylish Z 50 features a large 20.9 megapixel DX-format sensor, giving superb image quality and 4K video. The Z 50 has the same wide Nikon Z Mount and the fast, wide Hybrid-AF system as the groundbreaking Z 7 and Z 6 cameras. It also includes a sharp electronic viewfinder, tilting touchscreen, Intelligent Eye-Detection AF and up to 11 fps continuous shooting (with AF/AE). A deep ergonomically designed grip makes this cameras very compfortable to handle and the DSLR-style controls are easy to use.
The Hybrid-AF system is fast, precise, and silky smooth. On-sensor AF points cover 90 % of the frame (approx.), horizontally and vertically, for superb edge-to-edge sharpness. Subjects snap into focus whether they’re dead centre, off to the side, or on the move.
Up to 11 fps
If you can see it, you can catch it. Up to 11 fps continuous shooting with autofocus and auto exposure means you’ll get the shots others might miss.
Great in low-light
Shoot freely day or night, thanks to an automatic light-sensitivity range of 100–51200 ISO and low-light AF. From 3am city scenes to low-light portraits, you’ll catch more detail in the dark than ever before.
You can record 4K/UHD movies at 30p, and shoot slow-motion footage in Full HD. With no crop-factor limitations, you get to take advantage of the full width of the camera’s large DX-format sensor. You can also capture still frames while filming, and create dramatic 4K time-lapse sequences in-camera.
Candid portraits just got better. Intelligent Eye-Detection AF automatically focuses on your subject’s eyes, whether they’re alone or a face in a crowd. Focus stays sharp even if your subject moves.
Your Nikon Z 50 focuses quietly and has a silent photography mode. So, when friends start asking you to ‘bring your camera’ to their wedding, you can capture moments without disturbing the moment.
The ultra-sharp electronic viewfinder (EVF) lets you see everything clearly, whether you’re shooting stills or video. The EVF can display a natural image, similar to that of a DSLR optical viewfinder. Or you can view images as they’ll look with settings applied. The view stays smooth and steady, even when you zoom in to confirm focus.
Large tilting LCD
The large, high-resolution LCD monitor features smartphone-style touch controls and you can tilt it up or down. Whether you’re shooting video or self-portraits, your angles have never looked so good.
A deep, compfrotable grip and thoughtfully placed buttons and touchscreen controls make operation a breeze, and the clear, simple DSLR-style menu system is easy to master. The lightweight body boasts a strong magnesium-alloy top and front.
Fast Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® connections let you send photos and movies to any device for storage or sharing. Nikon’s SnapBridge app makes it easy to share JPEGs and movies on the go, or shoot stills and video remotely.
Features at a glance:
- Hybrid-AF (autofocus) system. 209 on-sensor AF points cover approx. 90% of the frame, horizontally and vertically, for superb edge-to-edge sharpness.
- Brilliant in low light: wide 100–51200 ISO range and low-light autofocus down to -4 EV
- Intelligent Eye-Detection AF: automatically focuses on a subject’s eyes, whether they’re alone or a face in a crowd.
- Fast continuous shooting: up to 11 fps with autofocus (AF) and auto exposure (AE).
- Silent operation: the Nikon Z 50 focuses quietly and has a silent photography mode.
- 4K movies: users can record 4K/UHD movies at 30p and shoot slow-motion footage in Full HD with no crop-factor limitations. 4K time-lapse sequences can be created in-camera.
- Smooth EVF: ultra-sharp electronic viewfinder (2360k-dot) can display a natural image, similar to that of a DSLR optical viewfinder. Or images can be displayed as they’ll look with settings applied.
- Large tilting touchscreen: high-resolution (1040k-dot) LCD monitor with smartphone-style touch controls. Can be tilted up or down for flexibility when shooting video or self-portraits.
- Creative effects: 20 in-camera effects for photos and video. The intensity can be adjusted when previewing the effect.
- DX mirrorless body with pop-up flash: easy to carry with a strong magnesium-alloy top and front.
- Nikon ergonomics: deep grip for comfortable handling, and thoughtfully placed buttons, dials, and touchscreen controls.
- Simple DSLR-style menu system: instantly familiar to current Nikon DSLR users and easy to master for first-time Nikon users.
- Fast connections: Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® plus Nikon’s SnapBridge app make it easy to send photos and movies to any device for sharing or storage.
|Sensor Size (WxH mm)||23.5 x 15.7 mm|
|Focusing Modes||One-shot AF, Continuous AF, Manual|
|Body Dimensions (WxHxD) mm||126.5 x 93.5 x 60 mm|
|Max Image Resolution||5568 x 3712|
|Continuous Shooting Speed (fps)||11 fps|
|Megapixel Banding||20 - 30|
|Compatible storage media (card not supplied)||SDXC, SD Card, SDHC Card|
|ISO Speed Range||100 - 51200|
|Exposure Modes||Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Picture Modes, Manual|
|MegaPixel (Effective Resolution)||20.9 megapixels|
|4K Video Recording||Yes|
|Lens Fitting||Nikon Z|
|Metering Modes||Evaluative, Centre Weighted, Spot|
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Manual, Preset, White Balance Bracketing|
|Flash||Built in, Auto, Red eye reduction, Fill in|