Used Nikon Z 30 Mirrorless Camera Body
Original RRP £599 | You Save £89.03
The Nikon Z 30 is a compact and easy-to-use mirrorless camera body that is perfect for vlogging, content creating and streaming. The Z 30 is for anyone who wants to move beyond a smartphone and create better looking, better sounding vlogs and richly detailed still photos. The camera’s 20.9 MP CMOS DX-format image sensor enables the kind of sharp, richly detailed video that’s not possible to achieve with a smartphone. Vloggers can record up to 125 minutes of uninterrupted video footage and full-time autofocus is available while recording. The Z 30 uses the full width of its sensor to enable a 100% field of view and audio quality is excellent, courtesy of the camera’s built-in stereo mic or an external microphone.
The vari-angle touchscreen monitor makes it easy to shoot from any angle, and a deep grip allows stable handheld shooting, even when holding the camera at arm’s length. The Z 30 is packed with advanced automatic functions for even more creative control.
Shoot long 4K video
From 4K UHD (30p) video to timelapse movies and smooth slow motion in Full HD (120p)—the Z 30 uses the full width of its large sensor to give you 100% field of view (approx.). Framing yourself and your subject is easy.
You can record up to 125 minutes of uninterrupted video footage, giving you plenty of space for long takes or continuous shooting. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, plus Nikon’s SnapBridge app, let you upload content from anywhere.
Crisp, clear sound
Capture great-sounding audio via the sensitive built-in stereo mic—or an external mic. The audio menu gives options for recording your voice, or ambient sound like music and city streets. There’s a wind-noise reduction function, too.
Shoot in low light
The camera’s ultra-wide Z mount lets its large DX-format 20.9 MP CMOS sensor gather so much more light than a smartphone. Video and photos, you get the kind of rich detail a phone can’t give you. Inside or out—day or night.
Video and photos shot in low light look clean and professional. Shoot all the way up to ISO 25600 for video, and ISO 51200 (expandable) for stills. Keep shooting into the night with the same fast, accurate AF you rely on during the day.
Comfortable and steady
A feat of engineering on such a small camera, the deep grip allows stable handheld shooting, even at arm’s length. Plus, Nikon’s e-VR helps keep video footage looking nice and steady.
If you turn the 3-inch vari-angle monitor to face forwards, the camera instantly activates self-portrait mode and clears the screen for an unobstructed view. You can use the conveniently positioned record button to take snapshots or shoot video.
Shooting action or yourself while on the move? Video AF mode employs full-time AF to take the work out of focusing. The camera will stay locked on to your subject—no matter what they do, or how often you change composition on the fly.
Eye and Animal Detection AF
Available for stills and video, Eye- and Animal-Detection AF modes quickly lock on to the eyes of people, or those of cats and dogs. The camera stays sharply focused on your subject’s eyes, even if they turn away and look back again.
For photos, a fast continuous shooting speed of 11 fps with full AF/AE lets you nail the shots to make your feed stand out. From city streets to the skate park: you’ll capture Insta-perfect stills in the midst of the action.
The Z 30 is packed with advanced automatic functions that make it easy for you to exert creative control—and you can use Silent Photography mode to shoot oh-so-quietly.
You get plenty of ways to customise controls and adjust settings. You can assign favourite menu items to the instantly accessible i-Menu and save frequently used settings to the camera’s Fn buttons—or to the U1/U2/U3 positions on the mode dial.
Key features at a glance:
- Next level vlogs: record up to 125 minutes1 of uninterrupted video.
- Captivate followers with timelapse movies, or smooth slow motion in Full HD (120p).
- Image quality: large DX-format 20.9 MP CMOS sensor delivers richly detailed videos and stills. Nikon’s electronic Vibration Reduction keeps video footage nice and steady.
- Crisp, clear sound: record audio via sensitive built-in stereo mic—or an optional external mic. Control the environment with the onboard wind-noise reduction function.
- 3-inch Vari-angle touchscreen monitor: makes shooting first-person vlogs or selfies a breeze.
- Video AF mode: employs full-time autofocus to take the work out of focusing. Ideal when shooting action or first-person vlogs while on the move.
- Self-portrait mode: turn the monitor to face forwards and the camera instantly clears the screen for an unobstructed portrait view.
- Eye and Animal-Detection AF: available for stills and video. Maintains focus on the eyes of people, or those of cats and dogs, even if they momentarily turn away from the camera.
- 11 fps: fast, continuous stills shooting with full AF/AE lets users capture Insta-perfect photos in the midst of the action.
- MFR ref: VOA110AE
|Continuous Shooting Speed (fps)||11 fps|
|MegaPixel (Effective Resolution)||20.9 megapixels|
|Lens Fitting||Nikon Z|
|Focusing Modes||One-shot AF, Continuous AF, Manual|
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Manual, Preset, White Balance Bracketing, Custom|
|Image Processor||EXPEED 6|
|Megapixel Banding||20 - 30|
|Max Image Resolution||5568 x 3712|
|Body Dimensions (WxHxD) mm||128 x 73.5 x 59.5 mm|
|4K Video Recording||Yes|
|Built in Flash||No|
|Compatible storage media (card not supplied)||SDXC, SD Card, SDHC Card|
|8K Video Recording||No|
|Sensor Size (WxH mm)||23.5 x 15.7 mm|
|ISO Speed Range||100- 51200 (expanded)|
|Exposure Modes||Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Manual|
|Metering Modes||Evaluative, Centre Weighted, Colour Matrix, Spot|