Nikon D600 Body
Sorry, we have no items in stock.
The Nikon D600 is a compact and lightweight full-frame DSLR equipped with an FX-format image sensor as used in Nikon’s professional cameras. Features include a 39-point AF system, Nikon's state-of-the-art EXPEED 3 image-processing engine and broadcast-quality video.
Highly sensitive autofocus system
The Nikon D600 enables superior subject acquisition in most lighting conditions thanks to Nikon’s newly developed Multi-CAM4800 39-point AF system. Compatible with lenses up to f/8 combined open aperture, sharp shots are possible even in challenging light and shooting conditions.
Based on the same technology as Nikon’s acclaimed D800, the Nikon D600’s Multi-area D-Movie offers all the flexibility for videographers. A wide variety of movie applications, a comprehensive variety of frame rates and comes with clean HDMI feed which enable full control over live view operation when filming, combine to ensure large format movie shooting at its best.
Compact, light and durable
Built to withstand severe conditions, the Nikon D600 boasts magnesium alloy top and rear covers and weighs only 760g (without battery). Weather-sealed to the same degree as Nikon’s professional D800 SLR, it offers enhanced resistance to moisture and dust.
- 24.3-megapixel FX-format (full-frame) CMOS sensor with excellent signal-to-noise ratio and wide dynamic range. Delivers richly detailed images with smooth tonal gradations.
- Highly sensitive autofocus with Multi-CAM4800 39-point AF system: delivers fast and precise coverage across the frame. Sensitive down to -1 EV and compatible up to f/8.
- ISO 100–6400: extendable up to 25,600 (equivalent) and down to 50 (equivalent). Enables faster shutter speeds for finely detailed images with minimal noise.
- Multi-area D-Movie records FX- and DX-format Full HD (1080p) movies in 30p, 25p and 24p. Max recording time approx. 29 minutes 59 seconds. Offers uncompressed HDMI output to external devices and high-fidelity audio control.
- EXPEED 3 image processing engine with 14-bit A/D conversion and 16-bit image processing for superb tonal gradation.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range): ideal for high-contrast scenes. Takes two shots within a single shutter release to create an image with an extremely wide dynamic range, low noise and rich colour gradation.
- Active D-Lighting: capture more detail in high-contrast lighting conditions. Nikon’s Active D-Lighting automatically retains the details in both dark and bright areas for stunning images with natural contrast.
- Scene Recognition System: the camera’s image sensor and its 2,016-pixel RGB sensor provide precise data to the Scene Recognition System, which optimizes exposure, autofocus and white balance immediately before the shutter is released for sharply defined images.
- Time-lapse shooting: use Interval Timer Shooting to trigger the shutter at preset intervals. Use Time Lapse Photography to save images as movie files and view slow action in fast playback, with playback rates from 24 to 36,000 times faster than normal.
- Picture Controls customize the look of your stills and videos by fine-tuning parameters such as sharpness, saturation, and hue before capture.
- Precision 8-cm (3.2-in.), 921k-dot, VGA LCD monitor with automatic monitor brightness control. Delivers bright, crisp image playback with a wide colour reproduction capacity.
- High-performance viewfinder with approx. 100% frame coverage and 0.7x magnification. Offers DX Crop Mode with viewfinder marking.
- 5.5 fps continuous shooting: capture fast-moving action at five-and-a-half frames per second.
- Quiet shooting mode: perfect for discreet photography, the sound of the camera’s mirror return mechanism is noticeably reduced.
- Mirror balancer: minimizes the bounce of the mirror’s down movement, extending viewing time and allowing more time for AF operation—one reason the D600 achieves AF and focus tracking even during high-speed continuous shooting.
- Compact, light and durable: built to withstand severe conditions, the camera boasts magnesium alloy top and rear covers and weighs only 760 g (without battery). Weather-sealed to the same degree as Nikon’s professional D800 SLR, it offers enhanced resistance to moisture and dust.
- Dual-axis electronic virtual horizon: you can confirm the camera's position relative to the horizontal plane and its pitch (forward or rear rotation) using the LCD monitor, or the viewfinder.
- Twin SD card slots: two SD memory card slots offer enhanced shooting flexibility. Use the second card when the first is full, or record stills on one and movies on another. SDXC and UHS-I compatible.
- Wireless transfer: Nikon’s optional WU-1b Mobile Adapter lets you share images directly from the D600 to a smartphone or tablet, or to control the camera remotely via your smart device.
|Battery Compatibility Fitting||Nikon EN-EL15|
|Megapixel Banding||24 to 24.9 Megapixels|
|MegaPixel (Effective Resolution)||24.3 megapixels|
|Max Image Resolution||6016 x 4016|
|Sensor Size (WxH mm)||35.9 x 24.0 mm|
|Lens Mount||Nikon AFD|
|Compatible storage media (card not supplied)||SDXC, SD Card, SDHC Card|
|Continuous Shooting Speed (fps)||5.5 fps|
|ISO Speed Range||100 - 25600|
|Metering Modes||Evaluative, Centre Weighted, Colour Matrix, Spot|
|Built in Flash||Yes|
|Auto Exposure Bracketing||Yes|
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Manual, Preset, White Balance Bracketing, Custom|
|Connection Type||HDMI, USB|
|Depth of Field Preview||Yes|
|Focusing Modes||One-shot AF, Continuous AF, Manual|
|Movie Mode||Yes (with Sound)|
|Body Dimensions (WxHxD) mm||141 x 113 x 82 mm|