Pentax KP Digital SLR in Black with HD DA 18-50mm WR Lens
Product Code: 5325374
Was £999.00 Save £7.00
Get 3 years' protection including accidental damage cover for
Learn More +£129.00
- 24MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- ISO 100-819200
- 5 axis image stabilisation
- 3" Tiltable TFT colour LCD
- Pixelshift resolution
Price Match Promise
Click on the Price Match Promise link below or call us on 0344 800 4444 and we will happily price match.
Free Pentax 55-300mm f/4-5.8 WR Lens worth £329 added to your order when you buy the Pentax KP
The Pentax KP is a high-performance, high-resolution DSLR with a compact, slim, weatherproof body. It features a new-generation CMOS image sensor and a high-performance imaging engine to deliver high-resolution, rich-gradation images from its 24.32 effective megapixels. It also incorporates a five-axis shake-reduction system, which provides a compensation effect of five shutter steps.
Super high sensitivity, high resolution imaging
The PENTAX KP couples a new generation CMOS image sensor with the PRIME IV imaging engine and an accelerator unit. Together these expand the upper limit of the sensitivity range without generating annoying noise. With a top sensitivity of ISO 819200, it assures super high sensitivity photography to deliver high resolution, rich gradation images with faithful reproduction of the subject’s texture and a sense of depth, even at higher ISO settings. It also produces high quality images across the entire sensitivity range.
Effective camera shake compensation
The PENTAX KP comes equipped with the innovative sensor shift SR II (Shake Reduction II), which ensures optimum compensation effect for all lenses. In addition to common camera shake caused by pitch and yaw, this five-axis mechanism also compensates for camera shake caused by horizontal and vertical shift (often generated in macro photography). Also camera shake caused by roll, which is difficult to handle by in-lens shake reduction systems. Thanks to a wide compensation range of five shutter steps, it benefits a number of handheld applications, such as when using a telephoto lens or shooting in poorly lit locations, to capture sharp, blur-free images.
New APS-C CMOS image sensor
The PENTAX KP incorporates a new-generation, APS-C CMOS image sensor with approximately 24.32 effective megapixels to produce high resolution images. It has been engineered to remove the optical AA (anti-aliasing) filter to optimise the image sensor’s outstanding imaging power. The result is sharp, fine detailed images with an accurate sense of depth. By processing image data at a high read-out speed of 14bit, it produces beautiful, rich gradation images.
Dustproof, weather-resistant construction
To prevent the intrusion of water and dust into the interior, the PENTAX KP features 67 sealing parts, applied to the control buttons and dials, covers and exterior joints. By mounting an AW- or WR-series lens* and the optional, weather-resistant D-BG7 battery grip, they form a highly airtight digital imaging system that assures dependable performance even under unfavorable weather conditions.
Features at a glance:
- 24MP APS-C CMOS sensor for high resolution images
- Incredible range of sensitivity from ISO 100-819200 allowing capture of images in low light settings with minimal noise
- Built in Shake Reduction with 5 axis image stabilisation
- Pixelshift resolution for finer detail and capture of full colour information
- Pentaprism viewfinder with 100% coverage for clear and accurate views
- 3-inch tiltable TFT colour LCD monitor featuring an air-gapless screen and a tempered glass front panel
- SAFOX 11 with 27 point focus points (25 cross types in the centre)
- Built-in pop up P-TTL flash
- Full HD video recording
- AE and AF memory button (individual setting)
- Electronic shutter up to 1/24000
- Bracketing for Depth of field, Motion and Metering
- Multi Exposure (Composite Modes: Additive, Average and Bright)
- Interval Shooting for Images and Video
- Continuous Shooting up to 7.0 frames per second
- Function Dial with 6 functions (3 individual Custom functions, 3 options), 3 Function buttons and 5 User presets
- Custom Image Function for unique picture enhancement
- Filter effects for application during or after shooting
- In camera RAW Development
- ‘Scene Analyze’ for perfect exposure and picture results
- 67 Seals - Dust and Water protected, and cold resistant down to -10°
- Dust Removal II: Sensor Cleaning System
- Built in Wireless for remote control of a variety of camera functions
|Megapixel Banding||20 - 30|
|MegaPixel (Effective Resolution)||24.35 megapixels|
|Sensor Size (WxH mm)||23.5 x 15.6mm|
|Max Image Resolution||6016 x 4000|
|Lens Mount||Pentax K|
|Compatible storage media (card not supplied)||SDXC, SD Card, SDHC Card|
|Continuous Shooting Speed (fps)||7fps|
|Exposure Modes||Program, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Picture Modes, Manual|
|Metering Modes||Evaluative, Centre Weighted, Spot|
|ISO Speed Range||100 - 819200|
|Auto Exposure Bracketing||Yes|
|Built in Flash||Yes|
|White Balance Modes||Auto, Manual, Preset, Custom|
|Connection Type||HDMI, USB 2.0|
|Focusing Modes||One-shot AF, Continuous AF, Manual|
|Movie Mode||Yes (with Sound)|
|Body Dimensions (WxHxD) mm||131.5 x101 x 76.0mm|
Finance Payment Option
Instant decision - instant dispatch.
Buying the items you want just got easier, simply spend over £299 and you can spread the cost using our instant Finance facilities with Interest Free and Interest Bearing options available.
Representative Example of Finance
You can calculate an example of your payments below depending on your preferred deposit amount. This is an example and you will be asked later in the checkout process to confirm your deposit again.
Applying for online finance
Applying for online finance couldn't be easier or more convenient. Once you've chosen the products you'd like to purchase, simply complete a brief on-line application form accessed via the 'checkout'. Just follow the simple instructions, entering your personal details as required and we'll do the rest.
Once my application is approved, what happens next?
Within minutes of your application being approved, you'll be asked to accept the terms of the contract – once you select YES you will return to the checkout and will proceed through to the completion of your order following which your order will be dispatched for home delivery. Following completion, you will receive an email with a link to download a copy of your credit agreement for your records.
Shipment of your goods will follow as soon as your agreement has been returned to our finance company (usually on the same day).
For more information on our finance payment option please click here for terms and conditions.
Below are the finance options that are available on this product.
- 6 Months Interest Free Finance CB (0% APR)
Spread the amount over 6 monthly payments
- Buy now pay later. Pay within 12 months or spread the cost over 36 months 19.90% APR
Order today, pay nothing until next year. After 12 months, pay in full with a £29 settlement fee, or spread the cost over 36 months, 19.90% APR representative
- Classic Credit: 36 Months at 15.90% APR
Spread the cost over 36 monthly payments, 15.90% APR representative
- Classic Credit: 24 Months at 15.90% APR
Spread the cost over 24 monthly payments, 15.90% APR representative
Pentax K-1 Mark II Digital SLR Body
Pentax K-70 Digital SLR with 18-50mm WR and 50-200mm WR Lenses
Pentax KP Digital SLR in Silver with HD DA 18-50mm WR Lens
Pentax K-70 Digital SLR with 18-50mm Lens
Nikon DF Digital SLR Body in Silver
Pentax KP Digital SLR Body in Silver
Sony A77 Mk II Digital SLR Camera Body
Sony A77 MkII Digital SLR Camera with 16-50mm Lens
Nikon D750 Digital SLR with 24-85mm Lens
Nikon DF Digital SLR Body in Black