Check Stock In Store
Deals & Promotions
Click here for our best offers.
Save £120 on the Capture One Pro when bought with this camera. Add the offer during the checkout process.
Price Match Promise
Click on the Price Match Promise link below or call us on 020 3322 3387.
DescriptionNikon D3 Body
Renowned for brilliant results in all conditions using ISO 200-6400, the D3 suits sports and action photographers down to the ground. Shoots up to 9 frames per second (fps) and has a great grip which comes into its own when changing lenses. Delivers fantastic exposures in extreme conditions and is a serious piece of kit.
- 12.2 megapixel FX CMOS sensor with high signal-to-noise ratio, wide dynamic range and 12-channel readout.
- ISO 200 – 6400 : extendable up to 25600 (equivalent) and down to ISO 100 (equivalent).
- 9fps consecutive shooting (11fps in DX Crop mode)
- EXPEED image processing engine with 14-bit A/D conversion and 16-bit image processing for superb tonal gradation.
- Advanced Scene Recognition System combines the camera’s metering and AF sensors for precise exposures and sharply defined images.
- Multi-CAM3500FX 51-point AF system . Individually selectable or configurable in 9-point, 21-point and 51-point coverage settings.
- Picture Controls streamline in-camera image processing by enabling customization of image parameters before capture and offer complete control over sharpening, contrast, brightness, hue and saturation in various color modes.
- 920,000 dot 3-inch VGA LCD monitor with wide, 170-degree viewing angle.
- Live View with Autofocus enables composition of images using the LCD monitor. Two modes are supported: Handheld or Tripod.
- Two Crop Modes : DX format and 5:4 ratio. The DX crop mode can be automatically enabled when a DX lens is attached.
- Quick response : approx. 37 ms shutter-lag and 55 ms viewfinder black-out.
- Highly accurate, durable Kevlar/carbon fiber-composite shutter unit : Standard rating of 300, 000 cycles, with a maximum shutter speed of 1/8,000 sec and flash synchronization at up to 1/250 sec.
- Active D-Lighting enables superior high-contrast images by automatically applying tone compensation at the moment of capture.
- Dual CF card slots : configurable for parallel (simultaneous) or serial (consecutive) recording.
- HDMI video output interface enables connection to high-definition video systems.
- Intuitive ergonomics with optimized button placement for fast and comfortable handling.
- Durable Magnesium alloy body built to withstand the rigors of the harshest of environments.
- Wireless LAN and Ethernet support via optional Wireless Transmitter WT-4
Monitor Size 3.0" Megapixel Banding 12 to 12.9 Megapixels Battery Compatibility Fitting Nikon EN-EL4 A Connection Leads & Cables Fitting Type Nikon EG-D2 AV Cable AC Adapter Fitting Nikon EH-6 Lens Mount Nikon AFD Compatible storage media (card not supplied) CompactFlash, CompactFlash Type II Focal Length Conversion Factor None Required Full Frame Compatible with MicroDrive Yes ISO Speed Range 100-25600 Exposure Compensation Yes Auto Exposure Bracketing Yes Flash Modes TTL Built in Flash No Connection Type HDMI, USB 2.0, SCSI White Balance Modes Auto, Manual, Preset, White Balance Bracketing, Custom Depth of Field Preview Yes Focusing Modes One-shot AF, AI Servo AF, Continuous AF, Manual Tripod Thread Yes Body Dimensions (WxHxD) mm Approx. 159.5 x 157 x 87.5 mm (6.3 x 6.2 x 3.4 in.) Weight (g) 1240
Finance Payment Option
Instant decision - instant dispatch.
Buying the items you want just got easier, simply spend over £299 and you can spread the cost using our instant Finance facilities with Interest Free and Interest Bearing options available.
Representative Example of Finance
You can calculate an example of your payments below depending on your preferred deposit amount. This is an example and you will be asked later in the checkout process to confirm your deposit again.
Applying for online finance
Applying for online finance couldn't be easier or more convenient. Once you've chosen the products you'd like to purchase, simply complete a brief on-line application form accessed via the 'checkout'. Just follow the simple instructions, entering your personal details as required and we'll do the rest.
Once my application is approved, what happens next?
Within minutes of your application being approved, you'll be asked to accept the terms of the contract – once you select YES you will return to the checkout and will proceed through to the completion of your order following which your order will be dispatched for home delivery. Following completion, you will receive an email with a link to download a copy of your credit agreement for your records.
Shipment of your goods will follow as soon as your agreement has been returned to our finance company (usually on the same day).
For more information on our finance payment option please click here for terms and conditions.
Below are the finance options that are available on this product.
- 24 Months Low Rate Credit KP at 14.9% APR
Spread the amount over 24 monthly payments
- 36 Months Low Rate Credit KP at 14.9% APR
Spread the amount over 36 monthly payments
- 24 Months Low Rate Credit KP at 14.9% APR