Celestron NexStar 130SLT Computerized Telescope
Product Code: 5273544
Sorry, this item is now unavailable...
The NexStar 130 SLT has 30% more light-gathering power than a 114mm telescope.
Like the other models in the SLT Series, the 130 SLT comes with a fully computerized hand control which gives you the ability to automatically slew to any of its 4,000+ objects, including over 600 galaxies, 300 clusters and dozens of beautiful binary stars.
With its pre-assembled, adjustable steel tripod, the NexStar 130 SLT can be up and ready to use in a matter of minutes. Celestron's new SkyAlign alignment technology and the included StarPointer Finderscope with a red LED, makes aligning a breeze.
View the details of the lunar surface, the rings of Saturn, the polar ice caps on Mars, the cloud belts on Jupiter or a number of the Messier objects such as the globular cluster in Hercules (M13).
Begin to explore some of the fainter Messier objects using the additional light-gathering capabilities of the 130 SLT’s 5" primary mirror, because of the Newtonian design, the mirror gives fully color-corrected views that are best suited for astronomical use.
- General Features
- Compatible with 2" eyepieces
- Fully computerized Altazimuth mount
- High quality 130 mm reflector
- StarPointer finderscope to help with alignment and accurately locating objects
- Quick-release fork arm mount, optical tube and accessory tray for quick no tool set up
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray included
- "Starry Night Special edition" The included Celestron Starry Night Software provides resources and knowledge to help you observe our solar system and thousands of other celestial objects. The software will allow you find out information about the best celestial objects to view based on your time and location. You can also use the software to control your telescope by computer.
- Computerized Mount Features
- Proven NexStar computer control technology
- Database allows telescope to locate over 4,000 celestial objects
- SkyAlign allows for a fast and easy alignment process
- Flash upgradeable hand control software and motor control units for downloading product updates over the Internet
- Internal battery compartment to prevent cord wrap during use
- Auxiliary port for additional accessories such as GPS accessory
- Includes NSOL telescope control software for basic control of your telescope via computer (with optional RS-232 cable)
- Compatible with optional NexRemote telescope control software, for advanced control of your telescope via computer
- Power Requirements: 8 x AA batteries (not included)
- Optical Design: Newtonian Reflector
- Aperture (mm): 130 mm (5.12 in)
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1: 26 x
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2: 72 x
- Highest Useful Magnification: 307 x
- Lowest Useful Magnification: 19 x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 13.1
- Light Gathering Power: 345x x
- Tripod: Steel