Tamron now offers a lightweight, compact, high-image-quality telephoto zoom lens with macro capability of 1:2 that can be used with digital cameras. This new lens is a Di type lens using an optical system with improved multi-coating designed to function with digital SLR cameras as well as film cameras.
With this 70-300mm telephoto zoom lens, flipping a macro switch in the focal length range of 180mm to 300mm obtains a maximum magnification ratio of 1:2 at a minimum focus distance as short as 37.4", enabling close-up shots of flowers, insects, and other objects that normally require the use of a specially designed macro lens. Moreover, this is a zoom lens that casually offers the distant capture and foreshortening effect pleasures of the 300mm ultra-telephoto world.
Visit Tamron's interactive site for more information on focal length
and depth of field
Includes a 5 year Manufacturer’s warranty
- Model: A017
- Lens Construction (Groups/Elements): 9/13
- Angle of View: 34°21'-8°15'
- Type of Zooming: Rotation
- Diaphragm Blade Number: 9
- Minimum Aperture: F/32
- Focus system: Auto/ Manual (built-in motor)
- Minimum Focus Distance : 59in.(1.5m) in normal setting/ 37.4" (0.95m) in macro mode (f=180mm-300mm range)
- Macro Magnification Ratio: 1:2 (at f=300mm MFD 0.95m)
- Filter Diameter: ø62
- Weight: 435g (15.3oz)
- Diameter x Length: ø3.0 x 4.6in.
(ø76.6 x 116.5mm)
- Mount: Nikon AF
Weight (g) for Lenses
Bag/Case size (not supplied)
Lens Case 9 x 13 cm
Dimensions for Lenses
62 x 76.6mm
Our dedicated team of experts are here to help find the right photographic and video equipment for you. Jessops can give the advice and training to take, print and share your perfect photograph.